One of the traits that has brought me closest to sanity is my ability to rarely indulge in looking back and re-examining things that have happened in the past. This year, however, after a decade of this website, I’ve allowed a little more of it. It turns out that looking back a year ago is much more interesting than looking back at last week. You can do the same (even if I haven’t quite updated all the past posts just yet – there are simply too many) by scrolling down to the bottom of this page and looking under the ‘Archives’ button, which will drop down and allow you to select one lucky month from the past… For this post, I’m digging back exactly one year ago – to January 2012:
- Back then I wanted one thing, and I still want it, so if you need a Valentine’s Day gift for me (ahem) this robe (monogrammed and in Size Medium) will do nicely.
- Gearing up for a trip to NYC, a musing on my love of hotels was followed up by posts that celebrated and reviewed that ‘Follies’ fueled weekend.
- The discovery of the perfection of the pomegranate.
- A wintry Madonna Timeline, all the way back to 1987, when she first taught me to open my heart.
- And the memory of a favorite Uncle, surfacing in the painting of a bedroom.